A New Hampshireite's amateur pictorial view of Alaska each day. Keep in mind, I call myself an idiot with a camera, not a photographer. I’m only trying to show people what I see every day, not make an artistic statement.

Saturday, December 27, 2008

The First Day After Christmas

Surprisingly there weren't really any super sales at the usual stores to speak of, but at least it was a decent day outside. It wasn't too cold until nightfall. The 26th was a good day all together.



***

I'll start with an evening picture. One of the neighbors decorated a tree with some lovely blueish lights. I thought it looked pretty neat! Joe took this one. My camera decided night pictures at -20 or colder just wouldn't happen. I'll spare people the random blurs of light.

This one is entitled, "Alaskans Need Lovin' Too" obviously this is an example of how Fairbanks really isn't all that different from most cities out there. The sign for The Showboat as viewed from Kurt & Kim's drive up coffee hut.

***

This weekend I'll have to snap a picture of Kurt & Kim's. They have great coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Originally from NH, I moved up here in June 07. I always felt like I didn’t quite fit in back east, for some reason up here seems to work out better for me. I’m fairly atypical when it comes to a lot of usual womanly things, yet it works for how life is up here. I miss the ocean since I live in the middle of the state, but the dry climate suits me none the less. At least I don’t feel trapped in an urban setting anymore.