A New Hampshireite's amateur pictorial view of Alaska each day. Keep in mind, I call myself an idiot with a camera, not a photographer. I’m only trying to show people what I see every day, not make an artistic statement.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sunrise, Sunset- it's all the same!

This set of pictures ended up being more of a comparison of two cameras than anything else. I didn't realize how similar the shots were until I started to create this post! These are from Saturday the 27th. The temperature had just started to drop, so the fog isn't too bad yet.


***

The sunset seemed to come out really well in this one. At least, I think the sun was closer to setting. I am not sure if I remember correctly at the moment...

Just a gray horizon past the fence and trees.

Here's my take on the same afternoon sky, as well as some snow on the ground. I like the way this one looks, so I kept it as a larger photo.

It's a shame I couldn't get my zoom be a bit more clear, as I could just barely see the mountains on the pink horizon. The town had begun to hide blow some fog.

***


The first two pictures were taken by Joe, the second two are mine. All of these photos were taken on the UAF campus at one of the bus stops that doubles as a scenic overlook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Originally from NH, I moved up here in June 07. I always felt like I didn’t quite fit in back east, for some reason up here seems to work out better for me. I’m fairly atypical when it comes to a lot of usual womanly things, yet it works for how life is up here. I miss the ocean since I live in the middle of the state, but the dry climate suits me none the less. At least I don’t feel trapped in an urban setting anymore.